Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages
Filter by Categories
latest news

Media Practitioners

Foreign journalists are required by law to apply for Work Permits or and Press Passes in advance of their coming to Zambia to cover news. It is also an obligation that foreign news organizations wishing to send correspondents to Zambia must apply for work permits through the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Services.
Foreign Journalists must submit credentials regarding their assignments, events to be covered, areas in which activities are to be conducted and the duration of their stay in Zambia.Information must be submitted on official Press Accreditation applications forms which can be obtained from Zambian Missions abroad, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Services and ZANIS headquarters. Where two or more correspondents intend to visit, separate applications forms must be completed. It should be noted that nationals from certain countries need visas to travel to Zambia which can also be obtained from Zambian Missions abroad.

Download Press Accreditation Applications Form

Types of Permits:

  • Residence Permit:-this permit confers permanent residence to the holder and is issued to persons who have been ordinarily and lawfully resident in Zambia; parents, wife, minor, children and grandchildren of Resident Permit holders in Zambians; holders of employment or investor’s permit for at least 3 and 10 years respectively.
  • Employment Permit:- this permit is issued to foreigners who enter the country to take up employment for a period exceeding six (6) months and can be extended for further periods to a maximum of five (5) years from the date of issue.
  • Temporary Permit:- this permit is issued to any business visitor intending to remain in the country for a period exceeding thirty (30) days. The period granted shall not exceed six (6) months in any period of twelve (12) months